Re: Ahh paint Jobs...

what kinda dynomat you use???????????????
I dynomated my whole damn car and may have added 20 lbs!!!!!
There are different kinds tho and i agree if you use the Molding type that
you may add some weight. BUT if you use the already shaped pieces ya can
buy the weight diff. should be minimal and the noise loss is GREAT. not all
of us have 6X9s in the back. I would love to see ya get my tripod Custom
12w6s Bridged together into a 1.5 ohm mono Blocked PPI into the back of
your car without any rattle.I barely keep the back window from bowing out
yet alone keep from haveing rattles, My back passenger panels vibrated, my
hood vibrated, i could hear the muffler resonater, my spre wheel well
(which is used on my 2.8 foot enclosure to save space) rattled HELL even my
mirrors outside rattled. All which is gone now by dynomating. I would not
be without it now. When i had my dash out to replace the cracked one i even
dynomated the whole underside of that! My car is more quiet then any new
Jetta or Golf out there and i love it...I would never be without it on my
81s but when i had my 87 now that had a little more noise dampening to
begin with.
sorry to ramble on but make sure you get the right kinda
"dead beat" "dynomat" or you are going to be sorry ya even tried it.

At 10:21 PM 11/4/96 -0600, you wrote:

>One quick note..Dynomat is for suckers. your going to add a TON
>of weight to your scirocco when it doesnt need it. The scirocco
>is a very solid car, if its ratteling and vibrating, you have your
>stereo speaker system installed wrong. You start adding 50-200lbs in
>dynomat easily, thats going to affect the handeling of the car
>dramatically along with the rest of your stereo system.
>
>I run a SS Ref.500 bridged mono to 2 JL (2)15w6's in my trunk,
>at peak you can barely tell the car is vibrating from the outside.
>also shielding your door speakers wil prevent the door-well from
>vibrating horrendously. if your bent on Dynomat,goto your local hardware
>store and buy dampening material..its 75% cheaper.
>
>Ryan
>
>.-------------------------------------------------------------.
>|Ryan Schuermann			       ryan@nwpros.com|
>|Technical Analyst			      zqft01@amoco.com|
>|PARANET, Inc.				schuermann@paranet.com|
>|Pager:713-764-3467			http://www.paranet.com|
>|Work:713-626-4800		   http://www.nwpros.com/~ryan|
>`-------------------------------------------------------------'
>
>On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 VWcrazyTim@aol.com wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 96-11-03 21:18:46 EST, you write:
>>
>> << The only person ive talked to about this is my friend with an 88 16v who
>> got
>>  it painted red again from macco.  He payed $550 and I was really supprised
>> at
>>  how good it was.  Anyway do any of you have any comments regarding paint
>>  jobs?
>>  Thanks >>
>>
>> PLEASE don't go to MACCO!!!  Your Scirocco is worth more than that!!
>>
>> Honestly, for me, since I am VERY picky about how my cars look, I take them
>> only to the best shops, I completely take them apart (remove all glass,
trim,
>> bumpers, interior, mouldings, door rubber, interior, etc)  For me to
paint my
>> Scirocco the way I want it (and that is read PERFECT) it will run me over
>> $2,300.  That does not include mew window and door rubber, door trim,
and 16v
>> Scirocco body kit (which I will have installed when I get the car
>> painted....plan to get it from Mark)
>> I also figure that since the car is apart (no windows or interior) this is
>> the best time to have a new headliner installed, new carpet, and new dash.
>>  ALSO it will be time to Dynomat EVERY surface I can get to!!  :-)
>>
>> So, can we say lots-O-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?  I am actually looking ot spend
>> more that $5,000 when I get my car painted.  But, I am more than willing to
>> do it!  I love my car!!  It is worth every penny!
>>
>> Tim :)
>>
>> P.S.  I am going for the orriginal color, Mars Red.
>>
>> '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco
>> --

Mike Weiler Talmage PA USA
81's Scirocco 160k+ (stock so far)