Re: Ahh paint Jobs...

<< The only person ive talked to about this is my friend with an 88 16v who
got
 it painted red again from macco.  He payed $550 and I was really supprised
at
 how good it was.  Anyway do any of you have any comments regarding paint
 jobs?
 Thanks >>

PLEASE don't go to MACCO!!!  Your Scirocco is worth more than that!!

Honestly, for me, since I am VERY picky about how my cars look, I take them
only to the best shops, I completely take them apart (remove all glass, trim,
bumpers, interior, mouldings, door rubber, interior, etc)  For me to paint my
Scirocco the way I want it (and that is read PERFECT) it will run me over
$2,300.  That does not include mew window and door rubber, door trim, and 16v
Scirocco body kit (which I will have installed when I get the car
painted....plan to get it from Mark)
I also figure that since the car is apart (no windows or interior) this is
the best time to have a new headliner installed, new carpet, and new dash.
 ALSO it will be time to Dynomat EVERY surface I can get to!!  :-)

So, can we say lots-O-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?  I am actually looking ot spend
more that $5,000 when I get my car painted.  But, I am more than willing to
do it!  I love my car!!  It is worth every penny!

Tim :)

P.S.  I am going for the orriginal color, Mars Red.

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco