Re: Ahh paint Jobs...

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> >So what if macco paint only last two years?  You do save alot of
> >money and the cheaper price means a cheaper job.  But I look at it
> >this way, if I can get my car painted for , lets say, $600 and it
> >looks good and doesn't rust in a month (not some hack job) at macco.
> >  Then I would be saving easilly $1000.  Then in two years
> >when the paint starts going to hell I can
> >get the car painted again with the money I saved the first time.
> >After all, the chances of you messing up the paint job one way or
> >another in two years are pretty great anyway.
> >

> This is what I was thinking in the back of my head.  Although i tend to say
> "do it right the first time..." "you get what you pay for" and all that
> stuff, I think Maaco just might be the way for me.  I just spent 2k for a new
> tranny and clutch so Im kinda on a tight budget.  Im going to shop around, Im
> looking to spend less then 1k, and if the choices are that bad, Ill live with
> my paint job as it is.
> Ill let you all know what ive done..
> -

     If you do decide to do macco, do the prep work yourself.  If you dont
   have any major dents, the better.  If I were you I would at least take
   the windows, the bumpers and anything else you dont want to get
   painted.  I have a few people recommend that I do all the prep myself,
   I mean all of it, and then take it to macco, but now that I have spent
   so much time on the car, I dont even want to chance it with macco.
   Besides, with macco you only get certian colors for a certain price.
   Any funky paint would probably cost you more.

     Andre'

-