Re: Ahh paint Jobs...

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> >Hmmm, when did he paint it? I called Maaco recently and was quoted $150
> >for just the hood. Somehow $550 sounds awfully cheap. Also: I have heard
> >that Maaco paint lasts about 2-3 years before it starts deteriorating.
>
> The durability is a key question... If i get somthing in writing that says
> "your paint will last for 5 years... etc" ill go for it...

     I sure dont think that you will get a gaurantee from macco like that,
   but how knows, i never even went that far to even ask them for a paint
   job.  I have seen adds to do an entire complete for 300, but that
   doesnt include the inside of the doors, or the door jambs.  Plus if you
   do an entire colore change, it will be noticable when you open your
   doors.  Macco does hardly any prep work on the cars, masking
   everything.  I dont think they bother to take anything off?  All i
   remember is seeing overspray on on the gaskets and bumpers, it looked
   disgusting.  If you wanted to do something like macco cuz of financial
   reasons, I would at least disassemble the car myself and try to do a
   bit of body work if it needed it.

     Andre'