Re: A1 headlights, again

At 04:09 PM 11/3/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Nope its's not the fuses.  I do have the bently for the car, I have
>been through the "electrical system" time and time again and there is
>not even a troubleshooting sections for problems with the headlights.
>....If I hold the headlights switch down both the headlights and the
>dims come on and even the interior light indicator for the headlights
>comes on but as soon as I release everything goes out.  If the fuses
>were blown that stuff would not come on.  There is deffinatly current
>getting to the right places but it is not remaining there once the
>dims circuit is cut off.  Perhaps a bad ground?  Where would I
>troubleshoot the ground?

I recent have had problems with my lights too. When I havwe my high beams
on, and go to turn them off, all my head lights turn off until I recycle
thru the hi/low beams again. Im thinking your problem is simular to mine,
and you need to replace the hi/low switch. Unfortunately its in the stalk
and im sure its a costly item to replace for my 82'. (HINT-HINT Mark!)

Shawn