Re: A1 headlights, again

On  3 Nov 96 at 16:09, Jay Docherty wrote:

> headlights. ....If I hold the headlights switch down both the
> headlights and the dims come on and even the interior light
> indicator for the headlights comes on but as soon as I release
> everything goes out.  If the fuses were blown that stuff would not
> come on.  There is deffinatly current getting to the right places
> but it is not remaining there once the dims circuit is cut off.
> Perhaps a bad ground?  Where would I troubleshoot the ground?

Sure sounds like the switch to me.  If you get them to come on that
eliminates most everything else.  The switch must be worn to the
point that the contacts are not staying connected.  Time for a trip
to the junkyard, or else to the dealer or Mark.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)