Re: Starter Shot!!

Yes, the 16v starter is different than the 8v starter, but I have had a
regular and a lot cheaper 8v starter on my 16v engine for over a year now,
without a bit of trouble.  I also have a battery that was made for the
Diesal Rabbit, which does have more than adequate cranking power, it is a
little bigger but fits just fine, I have had it for about two years
without even one jumpstart. I am sure that if you use a cheaper 8v starter
and a good powerful battery you wont have any trouble.  Hope I was of some
help.

Todd Jarrett
tjarrett@olioe.wvitcoe.wvnet.edu

82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)