Re: Starter Shot!!

Hi Kevin:

At 02:34 PM 11/1/96 -0500, you wrote:

>        Damnit!  I just got a new exhaust (non perfomance), started her up
>and found my thermostat wasn't working.  Got that changed and it wouldn't
>start the next morning, just DEAD, NOTHING!  All I could here was a click in
>what_I_think_was the solenoid.
>
>        A new starter for a 86 8V Scirocco is .... $520 + 15% tax.!!! *argh!*

The original factory starter was a Bosch.

I have Bosch factory rebuilts (best quality rebuilt available, 2 year
warranty. If you have a std trans it will cost $119.00 exchange, if your
car is automatic shift it will be $99.00. Again, these are completely
rebuilt by Bosch themselves.

I also have house brand rebuilts, $99.00 exchange for std trans,
one year warranty.

Or used for $65.00

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers