re:Re[2]: Top Speeds - Performance Mods.

In message "Re[2]: Top Speeds - Performance Mods.",
'scirocco-l@privateI.com' writes:

>Message authorized by:
>    : /S=dom@aorta.med.yale.edu/OU=SMTP/O=1.UCN.GO.1/P=PROCTERGAMBLE/A=MCI/C=US/
>> From owner-scirocco-l@mantis.privatei.com Tue Jul 30 11:21 EDT 1996
>> Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:18:26 -0600 (MDT)
>> From: Kevin Wenzel <kwenzel@privateI.com>
>> > 	The Scirocco is like a insanely fast go-cart.  I love how it handles
>> > now with the Hor springs and Boge Turbo Gas combo.  Plus I dropped in the RD
>> > code 1.8 motor out of a 86 GLI w/ Techtonics 268 cam, Techtonics FF exhaust,
>>
>> If you don't mind me asking, about how many clams did you have to part with
>> to get that engine/exhaust combo?
>>
>> Kevin Wenzel - Director of Network Operations                   privateI, LLC
>
>>	Thats fine.
>>	I'll do a list.
>>	1) Motor 86 GLI:  $350 (that included the fuel distributor,
>>	alternator, A/C compressor, injectors.  What I am saying is
>>	they just yanked the motor out and didn't what was
>>attached.
>

>>	2) Techtonics Cam:$100 Good story with this one.  The kid bought
>>	the cam for his solid lifter JH motor, the cam is for hydrolic
>>	heads.  BAM!  Bye bye head.  The cam has a minor ding in the
>>	trailing side of the No.1 cylinder exhaust lobe.
>>
>>	3) Techtonics Exhaust:  $170 Aluminized from cat back.
>

>>	I need an exhaust manifold is someone has an extra!! My dual outlet has a
>>crack in it!!!  Sounds like hell when cold!  HELP!
>
>>	Anything else??  I remember prices for most of the stuff I did..
>
>Actually, how much did you pay for your shocks/springs?  I need to replace my
>factory setup.
>
>Was the exhaust new?.. I believe it's about $450 here for a Techtnonics Exhaust.
>Here's in Toronto, Canada.

Hi...mind if I cut in...cutting in anyways for your own good. Techtonics makes
both a conventional aluminum and stainless steel exhaust. The stainless steel
unit includes a Dynomax Ultraflo stainless steel muffler...do it right, do it
once and go with the stainless steel.

The aluminum one lasted almost 1 year in Ottawa (salt capital of the world).
Called Daryl V who not only honored the Techtonics warranty all the way up
here in the Great White North, but also gave me a deal on the identical
stainless steel system.

The only negative comment is that the exhaust tip is not as cool looking
as the hot oval or mega large openings of other brands you see on the back
page of European Car magazine.

Not only am I satisfied with Techtonics expertise and professionalism,
but also very happy with the quality and improved performance of their
stainless steel exhaust (US$@450-500) and European dual outlet manifold
(US$150).

You can order the parts directly from Techtonics and have them delivered
by United Parcel Service right to your door. Techtonics will arrange this
for you. Yup the stuff goes through customs and you pay duty and GST but,
you are a taxpayer and this handling is done for you by our friendly
government Customs staff. You simply pay these charges when the goods
arrive. Anyhow, price it out...the TT dudes are very helpful from my
experience. You'll find their number in European Car magazine. Ask for
their "Parts to get, Parts to forget" catalogue, you will begin to loose
sleep dreaming of quality upgrades and you'll never be the same again!

Matt