re: Big Valve Heads

	Your motor should have the same head that is on the Rabbit GTIs.
	Then you are all set.
	If you want the hydrolic head from a later GTI the gain will be no more valve adjustment.  I really don't think compression ratios are changed due to the fact that in the RD motor (with 10:1) it is the piston which is mostly different.
	Don't worry about the ignition it should be fine.  I run stock points on my RD motor and the ping is minimal.  It has gotten worse lately because the distributor is worn out.  But I run super and it is ok.  I have to admit I am in the process of grafting a knock sensor ignition into my car though.

						DOM!