Re: Top Speeds

>Hello Mute@aol.com I would call you by your name but I don't know
>it. ANyway You are the same guy asking opinions on different cars a
>couple of months ago including cars such as RX7, Masarati, Porsche
>914? (I can't quite remember)
>
>I was wondering how many of these other cars you drove and how they
>compared to your modified Scirocco?
>
>I have only had my scirocco to 110MPH quite a few times. but it
>definately had more.  Someone in this list thought it surprising to
>get a top speed of 130MPH but I don't find it that surprising. Most
>people in the vw newsgroup report speeds between 125MPH-130MPH so I
>am sure a modified scirocco will hit 130MPH.
>
>I think we have to keep in mind we are talking 16V sciroccos and
>they are better in the TOP end than 8Vs (No offense intended)
>
>There is a guy on the net with a turbo scirocco and he says with
>the tallest 5th gear he could get his car burries the 120MPH speedo
>so easily that he has no idea how fast he is going. He did the
>turbo himself and has a WWW page that tells a little about it. He
>feels it has enough horsepower to get some really high speeds but
>it is more limited by aero dynamics.
>
>I was told in the NG that with a ported and polished head and new
>cam 140MPH speeds would be possible?
>
>I don't know maybe?

Yes I am the one who posted about the other cars... Well heres my reason for
getting a scirocco
looks better then all but the alfa
maintance cheap
handling! better then the 50-50 weight distro rx-7!
and fast (well beat by all the rest but not by that much! i mean come on 2
italians 2 turbos and a rotary.. stiff competition)

Anyay regarding top speeds:
I got to 129 (approx) with 4 people in the car and WithOUT the ner cam!!
So when its me riding w/the hotcam i think i can bury the 135 mark (BTW i
went to the turbo scirocco site - did the euro's have 120 speedos? im in NY
and we have 140s....)
anyway so i think on a nice day i could MAYBE hit 135 - 140 this is largle
depending on the new cam in conjunction with the higher final drive ratio
which keeps me on the curve making higher top speeds available.
keep on racing..