Re: '85 Scirocco

> Date:          Fri, 26 Jul 1996 09:32:08 -0600 (MDT)
> From:          Kevin Wenzel <kwenzel@privateI.com>
> To:            scirocco-l@privateI.com
> Subject:       Re: '85 Scirocco

> On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Kevin McGrath wrote:
>
> > $350! I'll buy 2. Geeze that sounds good and I thought the '84 GTI
> > I bought today for $900 was good.
> >
> No kidding!  What part of the country was this in?  Perhaps I should move...

Well, actually the car was purchased in the University District of
Seattle from a student who had to sell it post-haste because he was
leaving in a week to teach english in Japan for a couple of years.
He was originally asking 600.00 for it...and so I guess people just
assumed it was a junker.  The only other offer he had was from a guy
who wanted to part it out...and the kid didn't want anybody doing
that.  The guy had offered him 300.00 for it.   We countered with an
offer of 350.00 because he couldn't find the title for it....which it
turns out, isn't absolutely necessary in the state of Washington as
long as you have a current valid registration and transfer of
ownership...they just run a new title.  But we didn't know that at
the time we made the offer.  I told Rick that even if he had to put
another 1000.00 into it...he stil was ahead.  We saw an older
Scirocco just down the street from this one with a big ol dent in the
side for 1450.00....and recently saw one for sale for 1000.00 that
didn't even run!!  So we went for it.  When someone emailed us about
the problem posting mentioning that there might have been a recall on
the 85's...I went surfing in search of it...and found it!!  Hopefully
the replacement of the fuel pump will solve that little
problem...wouldn't that be nice?  By the way...just wanted to thank
all of you who have responded sooo promptly to our questions...it has
been a load of help...and greatly appreciated...what a terrific
group!!!

Lisa