Looking for a Scirocco!

Hello all,
	 First of all let me say that I do not know much about sciroccos (I
am a GTI man) so please excuse my ignorance.  I really love the series I
scirocco and am interested in joining the ranks of scirocco owners.  I
would like to know what years these cars were made and what the engine
size is (different engines for different years?).  I want one to work as a
project car.  What years are best and which should be avoided.  Any
particulars about this beautiful car would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-You

      * VW GTI - THE ULTIMATE HOT HATCH * Fiorenzo Vetrone           *
      *       1991 GTI 16V (RED)        * e_sasso@alcor.concordia.ca *
      *       1994 GTI 8V (BLACK)       * Concordia University       *
      *         Driver Hired!!          * Montreal, Canada           *