'85 Scirocco

Hello......

   my name is Lisa and I am the FAQ-finding half of Lisa and
Rick...hehehe.  He's the one with the engine shutdown prob on his
Scirocco.  He's an ex-mechanic, turned computer geek...and is more
into the tech side of this particular car.  I, however, am looking
for info as to the asthetics of this car.  Wishing to restore this
vehicle to almost new condition...I'll let him handle the mechanical
side....and I'll generally address the group as to the cosmetics...is
this okay, guys?
   My question(s) is this.......this car's front seats...mostly the
driver's....are just about threadbare....seat covers will do for the
short-term, but are there any suggestions for recovering them...or
just flat-out replacing them?  I thought perhaps the junkyard
route...but this is a Wolfsburg Edition...so that narrows done the
junkyard option a bit...doesn't it?
   Also....previous to our acquiring it, it had a slight altercation
with an unknown car ahead of it, resulting in the cosmetic portion of
the front bumper falling off.  The actual metal bumper is undamaged,
just the ABS plastic bumper is detached.  Any suggestions for
re-attaching it?  Is this possible?  Or is it necessary to replace
the whole bumper?
   Beyond that....there are no major dents...a few little
dings....nothing a good bodyguy and paintjob can't cure.  Any
suggestions for re-blacking the rear spoiler?
   Engine shutdown problem aside....the car's in pretty good shape.
90% of the time it runs great.  It's not mint....but it will be if I
have any sayso..haha.  Now guess what my sweetie paid for this little
gem in the rough?  $350.00.  It's kinda soundin' better all the time,
eh?
   BTW...I love this car too!

Thanks for listening.........
Lisa