Re: Alternator

Whoa! don't drive it anymore.

That belt that's missing also drives the water pump.  It's a handtool fix, so
get yourself a new belt, catch a ride, whatever.  If you wait a long time
for it to cool down, and say move it at night, shut off the engine at lights,
you could make it back to your house for repairs.  You do this at your own
risk however.  I managed to do this once because when my belt broke, it was
because the water pump pully bent, which made a road-side fix impossible.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Good luck!

==Brett