Re: Timing Belt Cover?

At 08:09 AM 12/17/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Anyone had any "troubles" running without the timing belt cover (lower

>and upper) on an 8V?

I run without both covers. The only time I have problems is in the rain
and I drive thru a sizeable puddle. The belts squeal for a little bit
until the belts dry off again but I dont consider that a real problem.
I prefer to run without the covers, it helps in the maintenance dept.
I've run 3 years with it off and dont plan on reinstalling it, ever.

Shawn