Re: speedos

At 08:25 AM 12/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>How difficult is it to get into the speedo?  Mine stopped a month ago, and
>intermittently registers mileage (depending upon mood???)  I would like to
>replace it, and or/fix it!
>
>Jason Rappaport
>jrapp@fred.net
>86 8v

It depends on whats wrong to begin with. It might not even be your spedo and
could actually be a cable. Check out both cables and see if they're broken,
then you should know if its your spedo.

To remove the spedo cluster, you will need to take out the cover that sits in
front of the cluster. There are 2 screws in the top of the plastic schroud.
Then its a matter of removing the screws that hold the cluster in place. Next
you might want to take the bottom covers and tray off so you can get in
behind the cluster to remove the spedo cable and the wires. Then you just got
to manuver the cluster around to get it out, It takes a little while to get
it turned just right to get it out, but trust me, it comes out.
Instalation is in reverse of removal!

Some people remove the steering wheel to do this. I dont. its not a problem
for me to do it in place but if it works for you, hey, it works.

Shawn