New here

Hi I am new here.  Let me say That I love watercooled VW's. I presently
own an '87 Jetta which I hope to start to modify in the spring when I
finish college. Any sugesstions would be appreciated ( Yes I would buy a
scirocco IF i could find a good one where I live ) I would like any info
on this :  My Jetta is an unfortunate Automatic ( hey I got it for $500 )
What is involved in swtiching to a manual tranny?? Is it worth it? ( Of
course but I mean time/effort ) any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dave