Re: Urgent questions update

> From:          Senomar@aol.com
> Date:          Mon, 9 Dec 1996 23:08:13 -0500
> To:            scirocco-l@privatei.com
> Subject:       Re: Urgent questions update

> << Where is the water getting into the rear hatch area?  My S model
> had the
>  same problem.  The rear shelf never gets wet, so the source must be
>  below it.  I couldn't see any water marks along the inner sides of
>  the hatch area---just the floor and spare area were wet.
>   >>

> On my Scirocco 16v I had the same problem and I found utthe water
> was coming in thru that hole on the hatch door where the kay hole
> goes. It was supposed to have a rubber gasket, but some stupid old
> owner removed it and it started leaking inside. Another point where
> the water could be gettin thru is the rubber gaskets around the
> taillights. Check the car to see if the gaskets are there at all or
> if it is cracked and dried out. That could be one.
>
> --Ren

I had this problem last summer.  Still do, but water doesn't get in
the hatch anymore.  Turned out that water was getting int the tail
lights, filling it up (it's like a recepiant) and overflowing.  I
drilled holes under the taillight (small holes, not visible) and
water isn't getting in anymore.  It's not the greatest way, but eh,
it works :)

Frank
'85 'rooco, 212 k km, red