Re: Urgent questions update

<< Where is the water getting into the rear hatch area?  My S model had the
 same problem.  The rear shelf never gets wet, so the source must be below
 it.  I couldn't see any water marks along the inner sides of the hatch
 area---just the floor and spare area were wet.

On my Scirocco 16v I had the same problem and I found utthe water was coming
in thru that hole on the hatch door where the kay hole goes. It was supposed
to have a rubber gasket, but some stupid old owner removed it and it started
leaking inside. Another point where the water could be gettin thru is the
rubber gaskets around the taillights. Check the car to see if the gaskets are
there at all or if it is cracked and dried out. That could be one.

--Ren