Re: Temp gauge

>I'm just wondering if those of you with 16v's suffer the same situation.
>When on the highway my temp gauge is sitting in the middle.  As soon as I
>hit stop and go it'll climb up to about 3 quarters, and when I get some open
>road again I can smell coolant.

I have a 16v and my temp gauge has similar behavior.  However, I don't
recall ever smelling coolant.  The cap special...it releases pressure.
Perhaps you're smelling it when it releases the pressure?

Guys?

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco [garaged 'til fair weather prevails]
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee

West Ambler Johnston Hall
Virginia Tech Campus
chtaylo4@vt.edu