Scirocco, Triumph and running like a dog...

>>I've just garaged my Triumph TR7v8!
>I thought the garage is a Triumphs natural habitat.  :)

Well, if you're going to be like that: The TR is is fine health and has
been extremely reliable - it's the VW I'm having trouble with ;-)

Seriously though, I've just done a compression test on the Scirocco and
had almost even readings at 12 bar on each cylinder!! Not bad after
155,200 miles eh??

I wrote recently about a suspected head gasket problem. I now know that
this isn't the case - I think the problem's electrical. The car runs like
a dog after about 30 mins. Today I stopped and switched off the ignition.
Restarted after a couple of mins and everything was fine (for another 30
mins)!! Any ideas anyone??

I think I'll go to the breaker's yard and get everything from plug leads
right back to the ignition transistor unit, then swap each part.

--
Ken Davidson, partner, 2tWEBS & 2talented

1981 TR7V8 DHC
1982 VW Scirocco GL

 "Hold my calls - I'm going for a blart!"