Temp gauge

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if those of you with 16v's suffer the same situation.
When on the highway my temp gauge is sitting in the middle.  As soon as I
hit stop and go it'll climb up to about 3 quarters, and when I get some open
road again I can smell coolant.

Yes Shawn, I checked my coolant levels, and there is no decrease.  It
doesn't seem to be decreasing, and there are no puddles under my car, so
that argues against a leak.  So is this a normal thing or should I have it
checked out.

I'd rather ask you guys things like this because if I drop it off at the
shop I may not have it back for 3 or 4 days.  :(  Try driving an automatic
Tempo with warped brake rotors for a few days and you two would rather ask
those with direct experience with cars similar to yours.  You also learn to
appreciate the beauty of a VW!

BTW my car is an '87 16v.

Thanks in advance.  (Was I vague enough Shawn?  :O)

Brandon Sommerville

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.