New VW Motoring, VW news

>Watch that A3. It's the base for the new Golf (sorry, at it again,
>Rabbit)

>Passat (I think the US has a different name again, is it the
>Dasher, or something like that).

Jerry, confusing, isn't it?  When I got here (Germany) and heard
of a 79 Passat for sale I thought they were nuts.  In the States, the
Dasher was a late 70s/early 80s thing and it was just like the old Passats of Germany.  The German second Passat was never
in the states, not even called something else.  Then the Passat lll
was also called Passat in the States.  So the US has Passats from
90 on up.  Also in the States, the Golf/Rabbit was called Rabbit until
84 and Golf from 85 on.  That Santana thing is called Quantum in the States.  Hope this clears things up for you a bit.  I think the Scirocco and Corrado are the only ones that always had the same name in Germany and in the States.