Re: Introduction, New To Scirocco-L

>Great to find a list for fellow Scirocco owners / enthusiast!
>
>I am a long-time VW fan and only recently bought a "Basket Case"
>Scirocco. The car has occupied much of my time (and $$$$) for the
>last 4 months and I hope to be finished by Jan. 97. I live in
>north Texas (Dallas area) and I see quite a few Mk1 and
>Mk2 Sciroccos in the area. My interest are Autocrossing
>and Improved Touring SCCA Road Racing.

Good to hear it!!

>Anyone else on the list preparing or racing a Scirocco?

There are a few autocrossers here at least, and lots of good info.  I
autocross a DSP 84 GTI, which is largely similar to your car.

>My Scirocco : 1980 Scirocco "S" currently being prepared for SCCA ITC
>        Club Racing, about 75% completed. Modifications so far include;
>        complete engine overhaul, tri-y header, re-build of gearbox with
>        limited-slip dif., all new engine mounts, derlin off-set control
>        arm bushings, all other bushings are poly, Ground-Control
>        Coil-Over kit, 375lbs Carrera springs, Tokico Illumina 5-ways,
>        complete replacement of brake system (EVERYTHING NEW), stainless
>        braided brake lines, gutted interior (anyone want to buy some
>        interior parts?) and lots of little other goodies.
>
>Parts I Need : Throttle Body for a 1981 1715cc
>              Throttle Body , Over-Sized with Adapter Plate

FYI: the oversized TB is illegal in ITC.  So is porting the intake(does'nt
say you are going to).  If you are asking for both with intentions to use
the tb in DSP, don't forget that the rules say that you can run an IT car
in DSP *provided* it is fully legal under IT rules - DSP requires an
interior, IT requires stock intake tract.  Other than that, it looks like
you're going to wind up with a decent IT car!  I am not trying to be a
jerk, just don't want you to spend money for nothing.....I did, in the form
of a cam.  Bummer.   Best of luck!

>              Intake Manifold for a 1981 1715cc
>              Frt. Lower Stress Bar
>              Rear Sway Bar

What size are you looking for?  A friend might have an H&R.....think it is
28mm.  I'll check.

Mannix