Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #48

In a message dated 96-11-30 23:06:26 EST, hugacub@whidbey.net (Lisa & Rick)
writes:

<< << Scirocco's 81-84 had the 1.7L EN code motors with a pathetic 74
 > HP and 90 Ft.lbs.Tq. and have 8.2-1 compression.
 >
 >  85-87 Scirocco's have the 1.8L JH code motors with 90 hp and
 >  100Ft.lbs.Tq.
 > with 8.5-1 compression. >>
 >
 > HA HA!!  My '84 Wolfsburg Edition came with the 1.8 and not the
 > 1.7!!  Boy, I really like that Wolfsburg thing!  ;-)
 > '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco with BEEFY 1.8 litre  motor

 Well then, I better check mine a little closer.  My 85 WolfMonster
 HAS to have more than your 84 :) >>

Nahhhhh, you probably got jipped!  Only the '84 was lucky enough to get a
bigger motor!!  ;-)

Hey, I wonder if there were any Wolfsburg Edition 16v Scirocco's?  Anybody
know if there was something likean '85 or '86 Wolfsburg 16v?  I mean, the
WOlfsburg is how they introduced the new things that would be on the next
years cars, from what I understand.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Eidiotion Scirocco