Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #48 (fwd)

In a message dated 96-12-01 18:38:46 EST, trnsfrma@ix.netcom.com (Shawn C.
Meze) writes:

<< >By the way: I always thought the 82-on Sciroccos came with the 1.8L
 >engine. In fact I am pretty darn sure. (Now, whether they had the 94hp,
 >like the 85-up 8Vs, I don't know).

 Nope, I got my origional 1.7L in my garage iffin' you want to see
 it........(or better yet, buy it...) >>

I know that the '82 to '84 (not including the Wolfsburg) came with the 1.7.
 I checked out MANY a Scirocco before buying mine (and MINE was in the worst
shape of them all!)  All the '82 and '83's that I looked at had the 1.7.  I
decided to go for mine because it had the 1.8.  I did not check out any other
'84s though.  Well, there was one, but I did not check the size of the motor.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco