Re: My car isn't going fully into gear

At 01:50 PM 8/28/96 -0500, scirocco-l@privateI.com wrote:
>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>I have now been driving my '83 'Rocco for about 3 days and I noticed that if
>I try to pull away fast from a stop 2nd gear and 3rd gear don't engage fully
>.  When I press the throttle the rpms just go up VERY fast and I accelerate
>very little.  I think the clutch cable is getting stuck on something 'cuz
>when I pull it up the few milimeters it goes it sometimes gets snagged on
>something.  Does it just need adjusting?

It sounds like the clutch is slipping.  This is usually noticed more in the
highest gears, ie, 5th then 4th etc.  If it is slipping in 2nd, it really
neeeds attention.  Try adjusting first.  If that does not work it may be a
bad cable ($20-25 and 1/2 hour job, or 5 mins if you are fast) or the clutch
may just be gone.

Chris

Is this a sign of a bad clutch?