Re:

At 12:27 PM 8/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Josh Clark wrote:
>
>I have been planning this for a while and since my car is now officially off
>the road I can paint the wheels.  My question is does anyone have any paint
>experience or a brand of paint that is good and weather resistant.  I am
>looking for a low-gloss flat black paint that I can spray myself.  Do you
>think this is too hard for me to risk myself?  Thanks a lot.
>--
>
>	Josh what kind of wheels are they??  The reason I ask is that if they have
a previous coat of paint or if they have been powder coated getting paint to
stick will be a challenge.
>	I bought a set of BBS rims that were gold and I didn't want gold.  SO I
tryed to strip them to paint them.  It wouldn't come off.  I borught them to
get sand blasted, it wouldn't come off.  Turns out they were powder coated.
>	SO I brought them to a place called Airborne Coatings that does all kinds
of powder coating.  He showed me the colors they had (hundreds) and the cost
was right (like $45 per tire.)  That included stripping and painting.
>	They look incredible and brand new.  Let me stongly recommend you looking
into powder coating them.  I think that it can only be one color though and
no two tones, etc.  But ask anyway.
>	Funny part is, is that I knew the wheels had come off and Audi 4000.  I
had sized them up against my car and the bolt pattern "seemed the same."
Well after I had mounted two tires to the rims and went to put them on the
car did I realise the hard way:
>			Audis have a 4X108 and VWs have a 4 X 100mm bolt pattern.
>
>	Oh well they look great on my friend's 88 Audi 90 now....
>

>							DOM!
>
>--

Great wheel story!

Polzultov