Re: My car isn't going fully into gear

At 01:50 PM 28/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>I have now been driving my '83 'Rocco for about 3 days and I noticed that if
>I try to pull away fast from a stop 2nd gear and 3rd gear don't engage fully
>.  When I press the throttle the rpms just go up VERY fast and I accelerate
>very little.  I think the clutch cable is getting stuck on something 'cuz
>when I pull it up the few milimeters it goes it sometimes gets snagged on
>something.  Does it just need adjusting?  Is this a sign of a bad clutch?
>I'm not too familiar with this situation so any advice would be greatly
>appreciated.   Thanks,
>Josh Clark

Get it fixed fast!  I picked up my car saturday afternoon, noticed it
slipping in first and second.  Sunday morning it was gone.  A brand new
clutch a smoking memory and a $500 repair.

Mine's an '87 16v, and it turned out the self adjusting cable wasn't adjusting.

Don't wait.

Brandon Sommerville

Hukt on fonix wurkd for mee!