Re: Suspension 16v vs 8v

In a message dated 96-08-23 11:25:22 EDT, ryan wrote:

<<  hit a curb..a lot harder than I thought on the driver
 side front wheel...collapsed my control arm, bent the frame
 and did some body damage. Suck thing is..all we have here in Houston are
 8v..and the repair shop told me that parts from an 8v wont work on a 16v
 suspension. >>

good news, your mechanic is ignorant. the Scirocco 8v and 16v are the same
chassis. for that matter so are all the A1 cars -Scirocco I, Rabbit, Jetta I,
Cabriolet, Pickup, etc. they're all the same chassis with minor differences.
the control arms from the 8v *WILL* fit the 16v. in fact, my '80 'rocco has
'88 control arms and rear beam. your guy either doesn't know or he's trying
to jack you...

-Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut