Rattling Front brakes. - 86 Scirocco

Hi,

        There's been this rattling sound coming from the front wheels.  I
couldn't figure it out for the longest time.  Took it too a mechanic who
suggested that I change the "caliper bushings".

        Anyways, I went and bought a set for each side of the rubber
bushings.  Does anyone know if it's a big deal to change them?  Would I need
special tools?  I was thinking of trying to switch them myself but don't want
to get in over my head.

        The rattling in the front wheels kinda sounds like there's spare
change in there, everytime I hit a slight bump in the road.

Thanks,

Kevin.
<Zero length text item>