Re: 1986 16V?

>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>There definately were 86 16v's in NA (VW had them in Europe in '85 and the
>US in '86) but yours sounds like a conversion to me.  I can give you a list
>of things to check that are different between the two.  Do the seats have
>long handles that you pull to move the seat back forward and back?  The 8v's
>have little ones and the 16v's have long handles that hold the seatbelt.
>The fuba antenna is another sign.  All 16v's have one.  Is the VW emblem in
>the grill silver or black?  16v's have black emblems.  The last thing to do
>is check the VIN # and ask the dealer about it.  I'm not sure if they can
>tell you if it was an 8v or not but I think so.  Hope this helps,
>Josh Clark
>--

My 16V had a silver emblem on the grill. I hated it though.
Actually the silver was on top of a black emblem that luckly fell
off when I was putting in my radar detector.

It looks much better in black. Also my '84 GTI has a silver emblem
but my old '84 GTI had a red emblem. Maybe this stuff changes over
the months of production?

--

    Happiness is a warm Killfile.