Re: 1986 16V?

-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

There definately were 86 16v's in NA (VW had them in Europe in '85 and the
US in '86) but yours sounds like a conversion to me.  I can give you a list
of things to check that are different between the two.  Do the seats have
long handles that you pull to move the seat back forward and back?  The 8v's
have little ones and the 16v's have long handles that hold the seatbelt.
The fuba antenna is another sign.  All 16v's have one.  Is the VW emblem in
the grill silver or black?  16v's have black emblems.  The last thing to do
is check the VIN # and ask the dealer about it.  I'm not sure if they can
tell you if it was an 8v or not but I think so.  Hope this helps,
Josh Clark