scirocco phun

hi I am also a scirocco owner I had some similar problems I found
The fuel filter is hard to change because the gas is under pressuer.
ever notice when you twist of your gas cap air rushes in, and you hear a
sucking sound? It can be a messy job I recommend getting it changed at a
auto shop it should be cheap.  My use to idol ruff too. I found there
was a hole in one of my vacuum hoses.  The hose was directly below the
center of the manifold.  I just put some duct tape around it and it is
doing okay now, thats all I can add.

john