Re: Re[6]: Varying Idle speed

On 22 Aug 1996 coutinho.ka@pg.com wrote:

> Ilias,
>
>         That  does sound like fun.  I was thinking of replacing the injectors
> anways.  My mechanic had suggested that when I first bought the car, not
> because he thought they were clogged, just to be proactive about it.  I had a
> hard time finding someone who'd clean them but after some research it
> apparently is NOT a good idea to clean this type of injector (CIS).
>
>         I might try the jar-o-injector show this weekend :-)

I have to warn you: unless your injector rings are in good shape
(unlikely), you will not be able to pry them off without the special
"injector puller" tool (you can order it from a number of places). Even
with that tool you might need some imagination and inventiveness to gain
some extra torque to pull them out. Good luck and I hope you don't break
one of your injectors (like I did-- then I had to keep fishing for its
debris parts inside the seat... :-) )

Ilias