Subject: Re: Re[4]: Varying Idle speed
Author:  eg1@ee.wustl.edu
Date:    8/22/96 2:39 PM

On 22 Aug 1996 coutinho.ka@pg.com wrote:

> I thought it might have something to do with my injectors.  I changed the
> distributor_cap, rotor and wires a few weeks ago, didn't help any.

You have the symptoms of a clogged injector. Most rigorous thing to do:
pull your injectors out --that might prove to be a bitch if the rubber
rings that "snug" the injectors to the seats have become hardened-- put
each one of them individually in a glass container, use a home-made
switch to turn on your fuel pump without starting the car, and watch for
the spray pattern. If one of them is clogged, you will be able to tell
right away. Bentley describes this procedure in detail (it is fun, too).
Be sure you buy four new rubber o-rings to slide on the injectors before
you put them back in.

Ilias