Re: 1986 16V? Strange Differences

>D&M wrote:
>>
>> SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!
>> My 1986 Scirocco has the engine, suspension and glove compartment of a
>> 16V, but has none of the extra 16V stuff on the body (like fuba
>> antenna). Is this a conversion or a stock early 16V? Can someone tell
>> me? -Mandi
>> --
>A PS to this:
>My brother-in-law used to work at a VW dealership and he knows that
>there were 1986 16V for sure, but he doesn't remember any looking like
>mine. They all looked like a classic 16V. -Mandi

Well there are a lot of strange things about VWs I guess. For
instance. My roommate and I both have '87 16V Sciroccos. His has
the 16V emblem on the glove box mine does not. His has a slightly
better designed sunroof. It closes perfectly and the handle is
obviously different. I think everything else is the same.

Another strange thing I used to own an '84 GTI and it had openable
vent windows. I now own an '84 GTI and the windows are not hinged.
Very strange I thought at first the girl was trying to pull
somethign over on me.

I have seen several '86 16Vs forsale and they all looked like my 87.

--

    Happiness is a warm Killfile.