Re: Used Scirocco 1

> I have had my on a 1981 Scriocco S for about 3 years now.  It is in used
> car lot and needs a loving home.  I have had 4 type 1's, 1 Thing, 1
> Jetta JLi 16v,Scirocco II 8v, and a Passat 16v.  The S would a project
> car.  It has rust on the hatch, door and the exhaust is gone. They tell
> me it runs. But I have not seen it.  I under stand the car is 16 or so
> years old but how hard is it to find body parts, how must would it cost
> to upgrade to an knock sensor engine and trans for a mid/late 80's car
> (8V). The car has not moved in three years.  How much is it worth. Worst
> case about how much would it cost to get in good shape. (new and good
> used parts)
>
> Thanks
> --

>From personal experience, I bought my last 1979 Scirocco S for $450.  It's
lasted me 2 winters and about 20,000 miles.  It's got 152k on the clock and
was in drivable condition when I bought except for the brake lights. (bad
switch on the master cylinder).  I wouldn't pay more then $450 bucks myself.
I'm still suprised at how easy it is to find parts for these early cars, but
your mileage may vary. :-)

==Brett