Used Scirocco 1

I have had my on a 1981 Scriocco S for about 3 years now.  It is in used
car lot and needs a loving home.  I have had 4 type 1's, 1 Thing, 1
Jetta JLi 16v,Scirocco II 8v, and a Passat 16v.  The S would a project
car.  It has rust on the hatch, door and the exhaust is gone. They tell
me it runs. But I have not seen it.  I under stand the car is 16 or so
years old but how hard is it to find body parts, how must would it cost
to upgrade to an knock sensor engine and trans for a mid/late 80's car
(8V). The car has not moved in three years.  How much is it worth. Worst
case about how much would it cost to get in good shape. (new and good
used parts)

Thanks