Re: Varying Idle speed

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Sean Clark wrote:

> Hey, I drive an 88 Scirocco 16v and have noticed something that I don't like
> too much about its idle speed.  When I start the car in the morning, when it
> is cool, the idle speed varies between 1000 and about 750rpm. It goes up and
> down at about one cycle every 2 seconds.  After some driving the idle evens
> out at a steady 1000 and stays there.  Do I just need a tune-up or what?

My '85 8v was doing this (although to a much less pronounced degree) because
the fuel/air mix was too lean.. You might try adjusting this (gotta get
one of those really long tools to get down between the fuel distributor and
the beginning of that plastic intake run)

John K. Gates, UNIX Systems Administrator/Software Engineer
john@fang.cs.sunyit.edu, http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~john