Re: speaking of dashes

<< >The light that illuminates the heater controls has burnt out in my
 >'85.  I pulled it out and it's a strange bulb that has a plastic base
 >and a skinny little bulb that's soldered onto the tabs that stick
 >through the plastic base.  The 2 wires plug into the tabs. >>

I told Mike at Timmons VW the same thing you mentioned and he brought me one
for my Scirocco at the last autox. I dont know how much it cost (Plastic was
used for paying for it..) If you wanna call him on monday, im sure he will
have a number right off the top of his head for you!!
Also the bulb will pull out of the plastic holder if you can just get another
bulb. Have you thought of using the ashtray bulb for now?

Shawn