Re: speaking of dashes

> Rick,
> You are on the right track.  Someone will probably answer your
> question, but if not email me and I will do a search for the
> details.  This came up before, but I am not sure where I save the
> info.  From memory the bulb is an integral part of the face plate
> and the new plate is some ridiculous price ($35?).  People have just
> removed the old bulb and replaced it with one from Radio Shack or
> something like that.  Cost of about $2 or something.
> Chris

Actually, the micro-fiche didn't show the bulb at all.  They didn't
have a faceplate for my car, but they had one that was almost the
same from a Rabbit.  It took the same bulb as mine (I inserted it to
be sure) but it didn't come with the bulb.  The parts guy seemed to
remember going through this before and was pretty that the bulb does
not come along with the faceplate and they have been unable to ever
locate it.  This si common (he said) and they have substitutes they
have found to use in similar setups on other VWs, but not for this
particular application.  That's when I said to sell me the look alike
bulb and I'll do surgery on it.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
'85 Scirocco 8V