Re: speaking of dashes

At 08:42 PM 8/16/96 +0800, scirocco-l@privateI.com wrote:
>I have a little problem maybe someone has experience with.
>
>The light that illuminates the heater controls has burnt out in my
>'85.  I pulled it out and it's a strange bulb that has a plastic base
>and a skinny little bulb that's soldered onto the tabs that stick
>through the plastic base.  The 2 wires plug into the tabs.
(snip)
>The dealer had a bulb that looked similar so I bought it and hope to
>find a way to remove the tabs from the base and solder in the new
>bulb.  Anyone ever run into this before?

Rick,

You are on the right track.  Someone will probably answer your question, but
if not email me and I will do a search for the details.  This came up
before, but I am not sure where I save the info.  From memory the bulb is an
integral part of the face plate and the new plate is some ridiculous price
($35?).  People have just removed the old bulb and replaced it with one from
Radio Shack or something like that.  Cost of about $2 or something.

Chris