Re: Test

In a message dated 96-08-09 07:57:01 EDT, Miles wrote:

<< In a different neighborhood, Shawn.  Anyway... I got what was
 available in town.  The HP spec was 2 less than the JH (88).
 Price was 450 with the exhaust manifold I needed.  There was
 that 100 core charge, but I kept my old 1.7 and all the spare
 parts just because...
 We've talked about this, geez :) >>

Yes Miles, we have. My comment was for the others in the group.
They might not know what knowledge WE have on the issue.....
My comments in no way slam your choice in engine. You did
what you wanted to do with what you had. Thats fine. Im just noting
the other options available.

Shawn

P.S. If you want to add the 3 gauge panel to your car and you have done the
1.8L swap from a 1.7L, just keep the housing for the heater on the right side
of the head from the 1.7L. It has the port and the sender alrealy on it for
the stock wire. Then on the new 1.8L housing from the block to the upper
radiator hose has another one on it. . Just add gauges and wires..... The oil
is the same, use the port on the side of the head and add a sender unit to
it. Wire it in to the car and wallah, gauges that work! I love mine!!