No Subject

< Now, as I understand it, a JH engine should be a pretty straight bolt-in
 job...  Should I try and find one of these (or a reasonable facsimile), or
 should I really blow my lunch money on a high-compression 2.0l (with all
 the time and trouble that would entail; ignition, wiring etc.)? >>

	I swapped my scirocco's stock motor for a GLI motor.  It too was a straight bolt on.  If I remember correctly I didn't even buy a new hose, I just cut the one I had.  It has worked fine.
	The motor is the high compression RD (10:1) block motor.  I even used the original points distributor.  It works great.  Though I am going to putting the knock sensor ignition on soon.  When it gets real hot it pings like mad.  Plus this distributor
is worn and the shaft wiggles like mad, thus adding to the timing problems.  I noticed that as the distributor wore more the pinging got worse.  Plus it is hell to adjust points ( and I have to do it almost every week.)

	Moral: It will work with the points ignition but electronic is better.

							DOM!