No Subject

-- [ From: as punk as it gets! * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I am about to purchase a "new" Scirocco with the 1.8L in it.  It has 100k
miles on it and it runs great (definately need a tune up though).  The only
problem is that the brakes have barely any pressure. I would guess that it
is the master cylinder because There is ample brake fluid in the resevoir.
Would anyone agree?  Or could it just be that the brakes need to be bled?
The car is in decent shape.  It needs a new battery as well though so I am
only paying $850-$900 for it.. Are there any other signifigant problems with
the '83's that anyone can tell me about?  Thanks a lot, Josh Clark
PS Does anyone want to sell thir GTI wheels or have any 13" wheels for sale?