No Subject

	re:Exhaust/Manifold problems - 86 8V Scirocco

	I don't think that it is your gasket that has failed.  The manifolds very commonly fail.  In fact the dual outlet manifold on my 80 scirocco has just cracked and makes loud noises when cold and then quiets down when it gets warm.
	I am going to try that exhaust putty for the time being until I can track down another manifold that I want.  I don't want a header.  My down pipe is fine.
	Ballpark for just the manifold is $75->$125 bucks.
	It is not alot of work just a pain to reach up there and get the nuts out.
	I defininately recommend a techtonics to be put on.  It makes a wonderfull difference.

						DOM!