What could this noise be? Was Re: So what are you all up to?

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well after Friday-track, Saturday-track and then drunken
> Bocce, and
> Sunday-big eat out for my Mom's 80th I now have a beauty
> of a
> headcold/cough. Seemed like the thing to do :(

I think we're in the same boat.  My head feels like it's
ready to explode.

> As for the battery, try pulling the radio fuse to see if
> it's the offender,
> rerouting that circuit through switched power has
> eliminated "dead battery
> syndrome" on three of my old VWs so far.

That's been my experience - I didn't test it yet but that's
the fuse I pulled.

Now on to the thread hijack:

After installing a battery from the black 16v (yes, it's
still here), I went for a spin to discover that I still
have my mystery clunk / squeek coming from the front right.
 I've been chasing this problem for quite some time now and
I'm at a loss as to what it could be.  Pretty much
everything in the front suspension is new - strut bearings,
a-arms, ball joints & axles.  The noise occurs most
prevelantly (is that a word?) when changing direction -
forward to backward.  It is sometimes heard when going
left-to-right however as well.

Anyone have any suggestions?  This noise was here before I
rebuilt the front end.  'Tis on the '88 16v.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '85 Scirocco 8v (Shadow)
'86 Scirocco 8v               '88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)
'88 Scirocco 16v              '56 Cessna 172

http://sims.yahoo.com/