TIG welder - this one big enough?

On 9/6/07, Mark F. <mk1mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the advice Dan and Larry!  I just picked up this barely
> used Lincoln Square Wave Tig 175 PRO welder:
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/ytljkk>

What a long day...  I just got back from Commodore PA (in the middle
of Pennsyltucky) to pick up the TIG welder.  It took me over 90
minutes just to get across the border this morning!  Customs
helicopters flying overhead, and what seemed like extra long
interviews to people crossing...  Wonder if there's some "chatter"?
Osama is hiding in Canada!

So after sitting in traffic at the border for an hour and a half I
drove for about five minutes and got stuck in a VERY slow forty five
minute construction traffic jam(b?) on Grand Island...  Man was I
pissed...

The rest of the day went ok, but I now didn't have any time for
sightseeing.  Marc G. pointed me to Frank Loyd Wright's Fallingwater,
which was about two hours out of the way, but unfortunately they only
have guided tours and the last one started at 2pm...  Oh well, next
time I'm in the area I'll check it out...  I was in that lying bastard
Punxsutawney Phil's neighbourhood, but from what I could see there
isn't a hell of a lot going on in the middle of PA!

Every other pickup truck was towing a tractor-puller of some sort
behind it (mostly pickups, but I saw a few of those crazy "tractors"
as well).  It was kinda ridiculous actually!  My guess is that there
isn't much of a VW scene in Pennsyltucky...  Nice twisty roads though,
but as usual the lack of an interstate running north/south through the
middle of the state makes for either a painfully slow drive on two
lane highways riddled with deer (and slow drivers), or going WAY the
hell out of the way on the interstates to get to where you're going...
 I drove at least 180 miles in the wrong direction just to get to
Commodore and back, but it was still faster...

So as usual, I made a mad dash down and immediately back up to my home
and native land (even on a quick trip like this, it still feels nice
when crossing back - sorta like the nice warm fuzzy feeling you get
when you slip into a bed made with fresh sheets! :D).  Luckily, no
speeding tickets, so I don't have to tiptoe across PA (unlike Illinois
and Indiana where I'm avoiding speeding fines totaling $500!)  :)  The
guy I bought the welder from thought I was nuts for driving all that
way, but what the hell, it only cost me a tank and a half of gas and
some of my time.  With our dollar almost at par, and the smokin' deal
I got on it I saved over $1500 !!!  The welder looks ok, although the
guy was a bit rough on it, and didn't store it all nice-nice.  It has
less than an hour's use on it though, so I'm not going to worry about
a few scratches and paint overspray...  Seems he had to come up with
$15,000 for restitution for some stolen shit the cops found in his
back yard - hence the motivated sale!

I can't wait to fire it up!

Well I'm off to bed.  After 14 hours on the road I'm beat...

Later,

Mark.
75
82
82 Caddy - mTDI swap in progress
91 Jetta Coupe

Atheist quote of the day:

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
- Isaac Asimov